Thursday, August 16, 2007

Exciting Developments

Hello to any readers left! I apologize for letting more dust accumulate in the blog. I have been busy with many things over the past few weeks. Among the most exciting are a move to Irvine, in the graduate and student family housing at UCI. Why, you might wonder? I am proud to announce that I will be starting a Ph.D. program at UCI in just a month! I will be in the Education area, studying Educational Policy and Social Context. I will be joining the inaugural class of Ph.D. students and am very excited to do this. It has been a goal for a long time and events finally coalesced such that it was possible. I want to thank my wife, Nicole, for being so supportive in this endeavor.

Secondly, as a result of starting the doctoral program, I will be leaving my position at Cal Poly Pomona. I had a good experience in the College of Business Administration (CBA), but I wanted to dedicate myself fully to the Ph.D. I am grateful for the opportunity that the CBA offered me.

I am hopeful that this new endeavor will provide much grist for the mill when it comes to the blog. During the course of my studies, I will be reading and writing extensively on many topics relating to education and hope to share some of them with any readers interested enough to join me on this journey.

No comments: