Thursday, October 05, 2006

Welcome!

Hello. My name is Erik. I have worked as a recruiter for the University of California and the California State Unviersity for the past six years. In that time I helped students make what many of them feel to be the most important decision of their lives (at least up until that point) - what college to attend.

I have come to understand much about the college search process, including what is important to students, common assumptions students make, the role of finances in making a decision, and the mistakes students make when deciding on a college, among others. I also have knowledge and experience with both traditional (public and private universities) and nontraditional (online and distance learning) modes of education. I think about these things on a daily basis, strange as that may sound to some.

My point in writing this blog is to share my insights with readers - parents, students, educators, and others - interested in the endeavor to get an education. I hope to create a community where people in the college search process can come to share their experiences, ask questions, and learn. The need is great and I hope that in creating a free resource students will be able to approach the process with less anxiety and more openness. I look forward to this shared journey.

No comments: